To assist clients with the new area of remote depositions, NextGen Reporting is happy to provide resources and tools:
- Sample Language for Notice of NextGen Remote Deposition
- Federal Rule 29: “…a deposition may be taken before any person, at any time or place, on any notice, and in the manner specified—in which event it may be used in the same way as any other deposition….”
- Federal Rule 30: “The parties may stipulate—or the court may on motion order—that a deposition be taken by telephone or other remote means.
- Laissez-Faire Videoconferencing: Remote Witness Testimony and Adversarial Truth, UCLA Law Rev, Vol. 48, Oct. 2000. This older but well-researched article from the UCLA Law Review addresses the legal issues attendant to videoconferenced depositions and trials
- In this employment law opinion, the judge overruled a request to block a remote deposition
- Sample state law analysis: memorandum evaluating and summarizing the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure relating to remote depositions
- Frederic Lederer, The Legality and Practicality of Remote Witness Testimony, The Practical Litigator (Sept. 2009). The author provides a practical introduction to use of videoconferencing in the context of litigation management.
- David Ward, Remote Depositions, Journal of Court Reporting (April 2012). Ward compares the use of remote streaming technologies in the provision of court reporting to that for closed captioning and discusses the opportunities and challenges.
NextGen Case Studies:
- White paper on cost savings in the legal and insurance industry from Vidyo
- Nationwide Insurance Company Cuts Cost of Depositions by 67%
- Pittsburgh Doctor Testifies Live in Georgia Courtroom
- Attorney Accelerates Case by 10 Months With Remote Deposition
- National Coordinating Counsel Serves His Clients with NextGen Reporting
- Modernizing the Litigation for Faster Case Resolution
- Watch a case study about NextGen Reporting
- Quick Start Guide for NextGen Reporting Resources: scheduling depositions, logging on to video streams, and accessing our repository for transcripts, exhibits and videos
- Overview of NextGen Reporting
- Introduction to LegalView
- Introduction to Remote Deposition Services
- NextGen Reporting Trial Services Division
- NextGen Reporting Pro Bono Services